Application ProcessAll candidates can apply online by clicking on the job title you are interested in and clicking on the “Apply” link! If this is the first time you are applying, you will need to create an account with a username and password. This application can be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening. Each applicant must have their own email address to create an application.
Please consider the following when applying for a position with the City of Weslaco:
- Online Applications are only accepted for current available positions.
- Resumes may be uploaded as a supplement to the online application but are not accepted in lieu of applications and/or the Work History section.
- Depending on the position for which you are applying, college transcripts, completion of a work-related exercise or examination may be required during the application process.
- Pre-employment requirements may include: a city paid physical exam by a city designated physician based upon job-related physical standards.
- All applications are reviewed and the most qualified applicants are invited to continue the process.
- It is important that you complete the application thoroughly and enter all required fields.
- The City of Weslaco is not responsible for failure of submission of applications by the closing date or incomplete applications.
Background ChecksAny applicant selected for employment with the City of Weslaco must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing, references, and background check. Please take your time to fill out all areas of the application. Be as complete and accurate as possible.
If you are a current, active employee of the City of Weslaco, click here for internal job postings.
Click here to view Candidate User Guide